Alberta Paramedical Services has immediate openings for fulltime, part-time and casual EMR’s certified staff to provide medical services for transfers, during scheduled events, industrial sites, and other clinical sites. Duties may include manning patient transfer units, non-transport units, dedicated show or sporting event participant coverage and/or manning an ALS or BLS equipped First Aid/Medical Aid room/clinic. Work is based out of Edmonton or Calgary.
Alberta Paramedical Services Ltd. is a multifaceted company and one of the largest Special Event Providers in Alberta. It has built a client-base of entities operating in a variety of industries, including concerts, motorsports, transportation, construction, oil and gas, railway, shipping, manufacturing, mining and others. Alberta Paramedical Services Ltd. has staff across Western Canada, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Red Deer.
Through the experts who join our team, and our unwavering commitment to environment and safety, we have set the standard for excellence. We’re seeking enthusiastic individuals who wish to join our team. As there are various levels of trained staff and volunteers to integrate with; ideal candidates must be willing to share their vast knowledge to coach and mentor colleagues by utilizing their exceptional leadership skills. Successful candidates must have a calm disposition, the ability to maintain a clear and concise frame of mind in stressful situations and be customer service oriented. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. With the varying events that require servicing, candidates will need to be open to accepting new ways of doing things while keeping an upbeat and positive attitude. Candidates may have to work along or in a team setting. Customer service is of the highest priority.
- The successful candidates will be responsible for providing response, basic life support treatment and transport for emergent medical requests while adhering to provincial legislation and professional association guidelines. As a valued health care professional, the incumbent will function as a patient advocate who effectively communicates and interacts with other allied health care professionals and public safety partners. Additionally, you will ensure safe and proficient patient care and transportation. As a professional, the EMR’s add value to the company through a strong working knowledge of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) protocols, policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work alone.
Fulltime positions are shifts are a regular rotation of up to 40+ hours per week. Competitive wages available to successful candidate.
- Primary function is to provide basic life support services. The goal is to support health and wellness programs that support a safe and healthy work environment
- Tasks associated with working independently keeping a First Aid Room, Mobile Treatment Centre or an ambulance in excellent functioning condition
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Must be registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics as a Primary Care Paramedic
- This position is ideally suited to individuals who are able to handle an extremely slow or fast paced environment
- We are seeking self-motivated individuals
- On-site specific training will be provided
Specific qualifications include:
- Good standing with the Alberta College of Paramedics required. Must maintain clinical competencies within your scope of practice as determined
- Certification in Basic Life Support – Health Care Professional (BLS-HCP) required
- Must hold a valid Class 4 Alberta Operator's License and have fewer than five (5) demerit points. Defensive Driving course an asset.
- Must have a current FARE certificate
- Must have APDOC certificate
- Be able to demonstrate satisfactory past work performance and relevant work experience. Your profile must include professional references with current contact information
General Skill Set: The incumbent should:
- have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to work effectively across multiple functional areas and with various professional disciplines
- be responsible for maintaining accurate and confidential medical records, in accordance with established medical records protocol
- maintain patient confidences by keeping patient health information confidential
- have a good working knowledge of relevant provincial OH&S and WCB legislation
Alberta Paramedical Services Ltd. offers a competitive pay rate for this position. Interested candidate may email resume: email@example.com
Attention: Recruitment Department-EMR
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.