Castor, Alberta T0C 0X0
Ph. (403) 882-3211
Fax (403) 882-3560
March 6, 2023
PCP/EMR- POSITION POSTING – FULL TIME
ECAA is hiring for the position of a PCP within our 3 Stations. This position is a 4on 4 off shift consisting of 12 core hours and 12 on call hours and is a full-time position. Consideration will be given to the right EMR.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the PCP is responsible to work with other personnel providing public education and the treatment and transport of the sick and injured in accordance with provincial MCP’s and within their scope of practice. In addition, the successful candidate shall participate in further education as required and perform other related duties. This position requires the successful candidate to work with PCPs as partners in the provision of such services and care. Also, please see attached sheet regarding job descriptions.
Qualifications are to include the following:
- Registered with Alberta College of Paramedics.
- Class 4 driver’s license.
- Driver’s Abstract
- CPR Health Care Provider Level
- Current Criminal Records check.
- Fully Vaccinated for Covid-19
- MCP Certified
Ability to :
- Work or be on-call various shifts, including weekends;
- Respond quickly and efficiently to emergency calls when scheduled to be on-call;
- Drive or attend on long distance inter-hospital transfers;
- Provide assessment and treatment within the PCP scope of practice;
- Work various shifts including stand-by’s and other duties as may be assigned;
- Ensure ambulance vehicles are cleaned and stocked after each call and according to cleaning/inventory schedule; reporting any mechanical or equipment deficiencies;
- Safely accomplish lifts/transfers of patients with appropriate use of equipment;
- Effectively communicate both written and verbally;
- Comply with ECAA policies and procedures;
- Prior to commencement applicants must provide a current driver’s abstract.
Salary is based on current grid position.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Lorne Dewart, Operations Manager.
Posting is open until positions are filled.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ECAA offers a full Health Benefit plan, enrollment in LAPP, Flex Spending Account as well as a Uniform allowance to the successful candidate after the probation period and required waiting period.