Casual Primary Care Paramedic
Posted January 12, 2021
Closing date January 19, 2021 at 16:30 hrs
The Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority was formed in 1996 as a “Joint Agency” to provide fire protection services to the M.D. of Bonnyville and the Town of Bonnyville. In 2013 the role has expanded to include the delivery of Emergency Medical Services by contract to AHS. Our dedicated team works with a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver a wide range of services aimed at meeting the emergency needs of urban & rural residents and heavy industry within the region. We are seeking an individual who will thrive in this environment and become part of the succession process ensuring continued evolution of the service as the communities we serve grow and change.
The Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority is a volunteer/paid on-call fire service with full time management positions, full time EMS staff and full time 911 Dispatch staff. This staffing model meets the needs of the region and reflects the commitment of both partner Municipalities and of its various communities and residents.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ground ambulance service to the partner municipalities, oilfield and surrounding areas;
- Transfer patients from Bonnyville Health Centre to tertiary care; and
- Maintain inventory and cleanliness of equipment, vehicles and building.
- Adhere to BRFA Policies and Procedures.
Certifications, Licenses and/or Designations:
- Unrestricted Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) currently registered in good standing with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACOP) in the Province of Alberta;
- Unrestricted valid Class 4 operators license with clean drivers abstract; and
- CPR certificate for Health Care Provider
Hours of work: Works on a call-in basis; a regular shift shall consist of 12 hours; a Core Flex shift shall consist of 12 hours at the basic rate of pay plus 12 hours on-call pay. Accommodations available on site.
Wages: Range from $25.20 to $31.25 based on experience.
BRFA EMS Division staff are currently represented by Health Sciences Association of Alberta. Please review the Collective Agreement on their website.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their résumé and cover letter to:
Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2H3
ATTN: Casual PCP Competition #1-1201-01
Subject: Competition #1-1201-01
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada, and only those selected for interview will be contacted.